6 Hour Course
Who is it for? This qualification is designed to be an introduction to the principles of Risk Assessment. It covers why risk assessments are necessary, the legal requirements relating to risk assessments and simple processes for carrying out a risk assessment. It is suitable for delegates working in any environment who need to be more risk aware by raising their knowledge of risk in the workplace and basic things they can do to control it.
Course Objectives By the end of the course the delegates will be able to:
- Understand why risk assessments are necessary for maintaining and improving standards of health and safety at work
- Understand the principles of risk assessment
- Main causes of fatalities, injuries and ill-health
- Preventing Accidents
- Key terms associated with risk assessment
- Role of risk assessment
- Legal Requirements
- Undertaking a risk assessment
- Recording results of a risk assessment
Delegates will be assessed at the end of the course by completing a 20-question multiple-choice examination, the duration of which is 30 hour. Successful delegates must achieve a score of at least 13 out of 20, in order to qualify and recieve a certificate.
Progression Progression routes could include:
- Level 3 Award in Risk Assessment
- Level 3 Award in Health and Safety in the Workplace