First Aid at Work - 3 days
First Aid at Work Requalification - 1 days
This course can be run in-house for up to 12 delegates and can be tailored to suit your business requirements, please contact us for further details and a competitive quote.
First Aid at Work is one of the most comprehensive first aid courses available, and is accredited by the Health & Safety Executive (HSE). It equips delegates with the knowledge and experience to enable them to carry out first aid in the workplace. Delegates are taught vital skills through a combination of theory and fun, hands-on practical sessions.
Course Objectives By the end of the course the delegates will be able to:
- Act safely, promptly and effectively during emergencies at work
- Use first aid equipment
- Understand employer duties and legislation
- Maintain first aid records
- Recognise the importance of personal hygiene in first aid procedures
- Client specific subjects including diabetes, epilepsy etc
Who is it for? The course is suitable for staff who are required to obtain a First Aid At Work certificate and/or Staff who need to become a designated First Aider in their workplace.
The First Aid at Work Requalification is only suitable for those whose current First Aid at Work certificate is about to expire, and they need to requalify. Other candidates should take the full First Aid at Work Course.
- Assessing the casualty
- Wounds and Bleeding
- Injuries to bones, muscles and joints
- Burns and Scalds
- Eye Injuries
- Casualties overcome by gas or fumes
- Recognition and treatment of illness
- Transportation of casualties
Assessment is via a 12 question multiple choice examination followed by a practical. All successful delegates will be issued with an Emergency First Aid at Work Certificate which lasts for a period of 3 years, along with a wallet-sized plastic card detailing their qualifications.