Duration: 4 Day Course - 30 Hours in Total
Who is it for? The Level 3 Award in Health and Safety in the Workplace is aimed at supervisors, managers, team leaders as well as individuals wishing to advance their health and safety knowledge. The qualification is intended for delegates already working in the capacity of supervisor, manager or team leader and also those who are preparing to start work at this level. Persons gaining this qualification will know that supervisors, managers and team leaders have legal and moral obligations to ensure health and safety within a business, and that this includes obligations to employees, contractors, visitors and suppliers. Its syllabus areas are regarded by the Health and Safety Executive as being important to developing and maintaining safe working procedures in the workplace.
Course Objectives By the end of the course the delegates will be able to:
- Understand roles and responsibilities for health, safety and welfare in the workplace
- Understand the benefits of using a safety management system
- Understand the principles of risk assessment
- Understand the risks and control methods for common workplace hazards
- Legal Responsibilities
- Safety Management System
- Risk Assessments
- Procedures for accidents and incidents
Delegates will be assessed at the end of the course by completing a 30-question multiple-choice examination, the duration of which is 1 hour. Successful delegates must achieve a score of at least 20 out of 30, in order to qualify and receive a certificate.
- Level 3/4 Occupational Health and Safety competency based qualifications (NVQs/Apprenticeships)
- Level 4 Award in Health and Safety