Duration: 3 Hour Course
Who is it for? The Level 1 Award in Food Safety for Retail is a qualification intended for delegates working in food retailing and those who are preparing to work in the industry. Delegates gaining this qualification will know that food safety is the responsibility of everyone involved in the storage, preparation, processing, packing and handling of food. The subjects covered are regarded by the Foods Standards Agency as being important to ensure good practice and the production of safe food.
Course Objectives By the end of the course the delegates will be able to:
- Understand the importance of food safety
- Understand how micro-organisms pose a hazard to food safety and spoilage of food
- Understand the risks to food safety from food hazards and contamination
- Understand the importance of good personal hygiene
- Understand the importance of effective cleaning and disinfection
- Food Safety and Hazards
- Microbiological Hazards and Control
- Contamination Hazards and Control
- Personal Hygiene
- Cleaning and Disinfection
Delegates will be assessed at the end of the course by completing a 15-question multiple-choice examination, the duration of which is 30 minutes. Successful delegates must achieve a score of at least 10 out of 15, in order to qualify and recieve a certificate.
- HABC Level 2 Award in Food Safety for Retail