Duration: 9 Hour Course
Who is it for? The Level 2 Award in Fire Safety is a qualification aimed at anyone involved in the management of fire safety in any workplace. This includes managers, supervisors, team leaders, fire wardens (marshals) and staff working in any area where there is a potential risk of fire. Learners gaining this qualification will know that fire safety is the responsibility of everyone in the workplace and will recognise the consequences of a fire in any premises.
Course Objectives By the end of the course the delegates will be able to:
- Understand the hazards and risks associated with fire in the workplace
- Understand how fire risk is controlled in the workplace
- Understand the principles and practice of fire safety management at work
- Understand the role of the nominated fire warden
- Causes of Fires in the Workplace
- Hazards during a Fire
- Characteristics of Fire and Smoke Spread
- Methods used to Identify Fire Hazards
- Escape Methods
- Fire Detection and 'Raising the Alarm'
- Fire Extinguishing
- Fire Fighting Equipment
- Duties of Employers and Employees
- Fire Risk Assessment
- Role and Functions of Fire Wardens
Delegates will be assessed at the end of the course by completing a 30-question multiple-choice examination, the duration of which is 1 hour. Successful delegates must achieve a score of at least 20 out of 30, in order to qualify and receive a certificate.
- Level 3/4 Fire Risk Assessment qualifications
- Level 3 Award in Health and Safety