Duration: 4 Hour Course
Who is it for? The Level 1 Award in Fire Safety Awareness is a qualification aimed at all staff, particularly new starters in any workplace, where a basic understanding of fire safety is required. Learners gaining this qualification will know that fire safety is the responsibility of everyone in the workplace with recognition of the contribution they may have to prevent the starting and spread of fires.
Course Objectives By the end of the course the delegates will be able to:
- Understand basic fire safety and what to do in the event of an emergency
- Understand the principles of fire risk control
- Understand the basics of practical fire safety
- Main Causes of Fires in the Workplace
- Main Costs of Fires (for Employers, Employees and Society)
- Action to be taken in the Event of a Fire
- Fire Risk Management
- Active and Passive Fire Risk Control Measures
- Fire Prevention Methods
Delegates will be assessed at the end of the course by completing a 15-question multiple-choice examination, the duration of which is 30 minutes. Successful delegates must achieve a score of at least 10 out of 15, in order to qualify and receive a certificate.
- HABC Level 2 Award in Fire Safety
- Level 3 Award in Fire Risk Assessment