This course was developed in conjunction with Sure Start and OFSTED to meet the first aid requirements of those working with young children: e.g. Childminder, Nanny, Parent, Teacher, Au-pair etc.
Fun and engaging 'hands on; practical sessions help candidates learn basic life support skills and ensures they are able to recognise childhood medical conditions and carry out the correct emergency treatment...
By the end of the course the delegates will be able to:
- Understand the role of a paediatric first aider
- Be able to assess an emergency situation and act safely and effectively
- Be able to provide first aid for an infant and a child who is unresponsive and breathing normally
- Be able to provide first aid for an infant and a child who has a foreign body airway obstruction
- Be able to provide first aid to an infant and a child who is wounded and bleeding
- Know how to provide first aid to an infant and a child who is suffering from shock
Who is it for?
This course is for those working within childcare who require a sound knowledge and understanding of Adult, Child and Baby first aid and CPR procedures. This qualification is approved for delivery to the age ranges 16-18 and 19+.
- As Role of a First Aider
- Accident reporting and the first aid box
- Infant and Child Rescue Breaths and CPR
- Asthma, Diabetes and Seizures
- Allergic Reactions and Anaphylactic Shock
- Head Injuries
- Bleeding, Shock and Burns
- Sprains, Strains and fractures
- Poisoning, bites and stings
- Eye, nose and ear obstructions
Assessment is via practical and oral questioning through the duration of the course by the tutor with a 15 question multiple choice examination at the end. All successful delegates will be issued with a wallet-sized plastic card detailing their qualifications.
- 3-day First Aid at Work qualification
- Level 2 Award in Cardiopulmonary Resuscitation and Automated External Defibrillation