Free UK Delivery Over £200*
Kimberly-Clark launch Kimtech Opal Nitrile Gloves
Introducing Kimberly-Clarks newest product - The Opal Nitrile Glove.
Kimberly-Clark as one of the industries leading manufacturers are also looking for new innovative solutions to make their products more widely accessible and this is where the Opal Glove comes in. Free from natural latex and standard vulcanising agents and with no added sulphur the Opal Glove stands out in the crowd.
What is vulcanising?
Vulcanisation is a range of processes for hardening rubbers. The term originally referred exclusively to the treatment of natural rubber with sulphur, which remains the most common practice. It has also grown to include the hardening of other (synthetic) rubbers via various means. Examples include silicone rubber via room temperature vulcanizing and chloroprene rubber (neoprene) using metal oxides.
The most commonly used agents for vulcanising are Thiurams, Thiazoles, Guanidines and Carbamates, But this is still not without it's minor issues. In a small number of cases people have been known to have a reaction to these agents making the gloves unusable, this is where the Opal Glove comes in. By not using these common agents but a hypoallergenic agent for the vulcanising process the Opal Glove aims to be more widely accessible to those who have had reactions to other gloves in the past.
The Opal Glove
Kimtech™ Opal™ Nitrile Gloves guard against contamination by chemical splash and micro-organism hazards. Powder free, ambidextrous with beaded cuff and textured fingertips. The absence of natural rubber latex and vulcanizing agents reduces the risk of TYPE I and IV glove-associated skin reactions.
- Assured Compliance:- Category III PPE product certified according to the Regulation (EU) 2016/425 and to the Regulation (EU) 2016/425 as brought in the UK law and amended, - EN ISO 374-1 Type B (KPT) Chemical Splash protection,- EN 374-4 Resistance to degradation by chemicals,- EN ISO 374-5 Micro Organism and VIRUS Protection
- Formulated without Thiurams, Thiazoles, Guanidines, Carbamates and no sulphur added
- Soft, comfortable and easy to don
- Textured fingertips enhance grip and tactile sensitivity for safer and more efficient processes
- Dark colour that enhance concentration on task
- Available in a wide range of sizes, from XS to XL
(source) Kimtech.eu product page.
You can find the Opal Glove available to purchase on our website here.
- Victoria Clare